Tuesday, October 14, 2014

October 14, 2014

Below is a letter written to the editor who wrote the article 'Enforcement of dress code creates negative effect' that your blogged about last week. Most of you wrote on your blog that you agreed with the writer. What are your thoughts after reading the letter below and seeing a different perspective. Are they the same? Are the different? Do you agree? Disagree? Explain yourself.

I disagree with this letter because the article was an opinion (hints where it says "Riley Miller Opinion Editor". This article was written by someone who has obviously been told multiple times by teachers to fix her outfit because it "too revealing". I can see that the administrations want our students to carry on a professional attire at school to "prepare them for the future" but school should still be a place where students shouldn't have to worry about looking so nice all the time; they should wear what they feel. I don't see wearing spaghetti-straps as a "unprofessional"; certain shirts can have straps with less than two fingers width and still look professional. I also do not see the difference between wearing things "at certain times and places". If I wear something out with my friends, its defiantly not going to be something that I'm embarrassed to wear or think I couldn't wear it at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment